Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
BHS Wikispaces Home
BHS Learning Commons
BHS Wiki Tools
Pages and Files
BHS Wiki Menu
BHS Wiki Home
Web 2.0 Apps
Web Evaluation - CRAPtest
Web Evaluation CRAAP Test
How do we evaluate information available on the internet?
Decide if you would use the webpages immediately below each scenario and why or why not.
1. You are working on research about gun control for a debate.
ABC Clio Issues
2. You are researching to create an informational brochure in Anatomy.
American Lung Assn
National Library of Medicine
3. You have a project for your language class and you need to put together a scrapbook about your destination
The City of Mankato
c Explore Chicago
4. You are looking for information about scientific discoveries.
a Velcro -
b Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division
c Cornell News
5. You have an American History class and have to find some information for your project about what goes on at the White House.
c Facts on File
6. You have an assignment for a current events class about an event that happened last week.
Your turn: Find out if the following statements are true or false. Make sure to apply the CRAAP test to your sources.
a. There is lead in lipstick.
b. Eating carrots (or anything else with vitamin A) will improve your eyesight.
c. Starbucks refused to send free coffee to the military in Iraq, saying it didn't support the war or anyone who took part in it.
help on how to format text
Contributions to http://brookfieldhs-lmc.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"